Friday, June 5, 2009


So I haven't been very good at this posting thing, I can tell you that! It's kind of hard to be motivated when it's not clear if anyone is reading! This weekend is a bit of an example of doing things for obligation reasons: 3 (!) dance recitals, where honestly, most of the time my DD and I are hanging around together waiting for her to go on for her 3 minute dance. And tomorrow morning, I agreed to volunteer at the Pancake Breakfast at the lake (we are part of a lake association -- we've been living there for 20 years and I've never gotten around to getting involved). I'm kind of into the volunteering gig, but honestly, I don't know that many people and have never felt a "part" of this community. It's a great place, but since I've always worked, I was never able to take advantage of the weekday activities and that is where all the women meet each other. I've always wanted to work, but maybe I'm a bit resentful about not being able to hang out on the beach all summer!

I've been wanting to cook this weekend too. I just got a recipe from Mark Bittman's site for Tofu Chocolate pudding -- don't say yuck until you've tried it!

Recipe

Mexican Chocolate Tofu Pudding

Time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes’ chilling

3/4 cup sugar

1 pound silken tofu

8 ounces high-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste

Chocolate shavings (optional).

1. In a small pot, combine sugar with 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.

2. Put all ingredients except for chocolate shavings in a blender and purée until completely smooth, stopping machine to scrape down its sides if necessary. Divide among 4 to 6 ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes. If you like, garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings.



anyone else up to making this?

1 comment:

  1. That looks soooooo good! I think I will have to try making it!

    ReplyDelete